Tips for Choosing a Great Vacation Rental for Your Next Vacation
If you’ve never stayed in a vacation rental before or if you have and had a less than desirable experience, you might be hesitant to choose a vacation rental for your next vacation. We have some tips and questions to help you choose a great vacation rental with confidence. Check them out!
1. Check out the reviews from previous guests. Also look at the responses from the property owner. Look to see that any complaints are addressed and remedied. This is the sign of a good vacation rental owner that cares about the experience of their guests.
2. Check out the kitchen. One benefit of choosing a vacation rental is being able to cook more meals yourself instead of relying solely on local eateries. Is the kitchen well-equipped with good appliances, cookware, dishes and small appliances such as a coffee maker and a blender for smoothies? Think of how you use your own kitchen and look for similar amenities in the kitchen of the vacation rental you’re considering.
3. Review the list of amenities you’ll have access to. Is there a pool or beach access? Does the home have Wi-Fi and television service of some kind? What kind of activities and attractions are nearby?
4. If you’ll be bringing your furry family, does the rental you’re considering allow pets? Are there special deposits or cleaning fees when pets accompany you?
5. Review the laundry facilities. Does the rental have in-unit laundry machines or is there a designated laundry facility for the property? Being able to do laundry while on vacation allows you to pack lighter, leaving room for plenty of souvenirs and gifts to take home with you.
6. Review the list of what all is included in the rental price. Are supplies like paper towels and toilet paper included? Is Wi-Fi or TV service included in the price? Are cleaning fees included or will you have to pay those separately? Understanding everything that is and is not included helps you avoid any unwanted surprises.
7. Does the rental provide non-electronic entertainment? Things like card games, yard games and board games can be a way to build family memories that last a lifetime.
8. Make sure you understand the amount and terms of the deposit. How much is the deposit, is it refundable if you have to cancel and what is the fine print? Again, asking these questions up front helps you avoid any unwanted surprises.
If you’ve never stayed at a vacation rental before, you’re in for a treat. Imagine having all of the amenities of home even though you’re away from home. Use our list of tips to help you confidently choose a great vacation rental for your next vacation.